As an international student at USC, the U.S. health care and insurance system may be new to you. The informational resources and videos on this page should help you as begin to navigate health care at USC and complete requirements for immunization and insurance coverage selection.
Complete the following steps below to access services at USC Student Health.
STEP 1: Gather the following information to upload to your student health record:
- Immunization records
- Medical history, including current medications
- Proof of insurance (if you plan to waive the USC Student Health Insurance Plan)
* Your parents, guardian, family physician, or pediatrician may be able to help you gather these records.
STEP 2: When you have a USC Student ID number and active email account:
- Log in to MySHR (online at studenthealth.usc.edu)
- Complete the following three forms:
- Consent for Treatment
- Health History
- Immunization Requirements and History **
** Please note: You must submit proof of the required immunizations by the third week of the semester.
Congratulations! You are now ready to access care at USC Student Health, at both the Engemann and Eric Cohen Student Health Centers.
STEP 3: Make a decision about your Student Health Insurance Plan>>>
Additional helpful resources:
- Healthcare in America 101
- A Beginner’s Guide to Health Care and Health Insurance for USC Students (English version)
- A Beginner’s Guide to Health Care and Health Insurance for USC Students (Chinese version)
- Student Fees and Health Insurance Explained (Chinese subtitles)
- Welcome to USC Student Health (Chinese subtitles)
- What to Expect at Your First Medical Exam (Chinese subtitles)
- Patient Guide to Sensitive Health Exams (English version)
- Patient Guide to Sensitive Health Exams (Chinese version)