If you have an immediate medical, mental health, or sexual assault matter
Please call the 24/7 USC Student Health line, (213) 740-9355 (WELL), to connect to an advice nurse, counselor, or advocate.
The advocates program can arrange transportation and accompaniment to a SARC location (sexual assault response center) 24/7. Advocates can also help survivors navigate through follow up care, accommodations support, and reporting options.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please do not wait for a response and seek treatment immediately.
- 911 is the general emergency phone number in the United States.
- The nearest 24/7 urgent care is Optum Urgent Care, 1120 West Washington Blvd., 213-623-2225.
- The Department of Public Safety is available 24/7 on both USC campuses, 213-740-4321 (UPC) and 323-442-1000 (HSC)
When you are on campus, call DPS for the fastest emergency vehicle response. When outside of the USC campus vicinities, call 9-1-1 for emergency assistance.
For USC students in health profession degree programs who are exposed to potential bloodborne pathogens.
- During Business Hours
- After-Hours Needlestick Hotline
(323) 442-7900 (Leave a message and a provider will get back to you within 30 minutes)
- Follow these detailed instructions and protocol for bloodborne pathogen exposure.
Naloxone (commercially known as the nasal spray Narcan) can reverse the effects of an accidental overdose from opioids. Any physician in California can prescribe it to someone at risk of overdose. Naloxone is also available by pharmacist consultation and can be filled at USC Pharmacies on campus. Narcan is a covered benefit in the USC Student Health Insurance Plan administered through Aetna. Treatment is available and effective, talk to your medical or mental health provider at USC Student Health to discuss a treatment plan. Learn more at safety.usc.edu/drugs.
The most recent infomation regarding the university’s response to COVID-19 may be found at coronavirus.usc.edu. General questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students and on-campus faculty and staff seeking care and testing should call Student Health at 213-740-9355 for scheduling.