The mandatory Student Health Fee covers most medical services at USC Student Health.
- $367 for the fall 2019 semester
- $366 for the spring 2020 semester
- Sessions I or II -rates for Summer 2020 coming soon.
- Sessions I and II -rates for Summer 2020 coming soon.
There are some additional costs described below. If you have any questions regarding cost and services, please contact Cashier Services. All prices listed are subject to change without notice. Updated October, 2019.
- Fall 2019: Deadline has passed for new students entering for this term.
- Spring 2020: Deadline (for new students entering this term) to purchase or waive Student Health Insurance through Aetna is Friday, January 31, 2020.
Student Health Insurance Plan (Aetna): Coverage and Costs
Fall 2019: August 19, 2019 – January 12, 2020
- Health Insurance premium for “on campus” students (enrolled in degree program students on the University Park and Health Sciences physical campuses): $753
- Health Insurance premium “off campus” students (enrolled in satellite locations and online degree programs): $1,370
Spring/Summer 2020: January 13, 2020 – August 18, 2020
- Health Insurance premium for “on campus” students (enrolled in degree programs on the University Park and Health Sciences physical campuses): $1,365
- Health Insurance premium “off campus” students (enrolled in satellite location programs and online degree programs): $2,600
Please note: Overseas program insurance rates are individually quoted by the Insurance Office.
Dental plan rate is $136 for annual coverage. (Spring 2020 admits, dental for spring/summer is $85).
Medical Services Appointments
- Visits are covered by Student Health Fee. Includes appointments for primary care (physicals, illness/injury, reproductive/sexual health) and specialist visits (allergy, dermatology, nutrition, orthopedics, travel-related immunization consultation). Note: specialist visits require a referral from a USC Student Health provider.
- If a student arrives 10 or more minutes late to an appointment, the appointment is cancelled. The student would need to reschedule their appointment at usc.edu/myshr.
Counseling Services Appointments
- Individual, Group Counseling and Crisis Intervention Sessions: covered by Student Health Fee.
- Psychiatry: covered by Student Health Fee; requires Student Health doctor or counselor referral.
- Late appointment cancellations of less than 24 hours notice or no shows: $20.
- Allergy Consultation: Covered by Student Health Fee, referral by doctor for new patients
- Allergy – Patch Testing: $169, by referral or doctor order
- Allergy – Skin Testing: $100, by referral or doctor order
- Allergy Desensitization – 1 Injection: $8, by referral or doctor order
- Allergy Desensitization – 2 Injections: $12, by referral or doctor order
- Allergy Desensitization – 3+ Injections: $18, by referral or doctor order
Health Information Management
- Photocopying of medical records: 5 pages or less: no charge, 6 pages or more: $10. Please fill out the Authorization for Medical Release form.
- Retrieval From Storage: $10
Please note the following regarding the grant covering HIV testing for USC students at USC Student Health:
- For patients enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP) provided by Aetna, the initial preventative HIV -1/2 Antigen and Antibody (4th generation) test will be ledger billed to Aetna; non-preventative and subsequent tests will be billed to USG.
- For patients with other insurance coverage, costs will be billed to USG for the HIV-1/2 Antigen and Antibody (4th generation) test, venipuncture will not apply. Patients are responsible for the costs of all other STI tests (as well as the venipuncture fee if applicable) ordered during the visit.
A note about Insurance and Immunizations: If you have purchased the USC Student Health Insurance Plan, all immunizations are covered 100% per your plan benefits, with the exception of Typhoid, Yellow Fever and Rabies, which are covered at 90% per your plan benefits, with no deductible required. The prices for immunizations below are for students who are not covered by the USC Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Gardasil 9: $265.34 per injection.
- Hepatitis A: $50.58 per injection. Series of 2.
- Hepatitis B: $54.78 per injection. Series of 3.
- Influenza (Flu): $20
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR): $89.83. Part of New Student Health Requirements
- Menactra (ACYW): $120.77
- Bexcero (MenB): $181.38 per injection. Series of 2.
- Pneumococcal (PPSV): $122.45
- Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis (Tdap): $40.90
- Td: $27.41
- Polio: $26.93
- Twinrix: $96.72 per injection . Hepatitis A & B combined. Series of 3.
- Typhoid: $96.53
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): $154.78
- Yellow Fever: $142.07
- Late fee for missed immunization deadline each semester: $25*
*Students will be assessed a $25 late fee if they submit proof of immunizations after the deadline either in the Fall or Spring semester. New Students are required to submit proof of Immunizations by a set deadline each semester. For more information, please visit the New Student Information page.
- Biopsy- Skin (1 specimen): $28.89
- Chlamydia / GC Panel: $30.62
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel: $6.31
- Hepatitis B AB: $7.76
- HIV Testing: approx. $9.40
- Measles/Rubeola Titer (Blood Test): $14.25
- Mumps Titer (Blood Test): $15.84
- Rubella Titer (Blood Test): $8.58
- T-Spot (Blood Test): $44.42
- Syphilis: $3.10
- Varicella Titer (Blood Test): $4.20
- Reference Lab Fee (lab handling fee):$12
The following laboratory services are covered by your Student Health Fee:
- Basic Metabolic Panel
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Pregnancy Test
- Rapid Strep
Long-Acting Reversible Contraceptive Devices
If enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan, cost will be ledger billed, if not enrolled in the Aetna Student Health Plan, students must pay the full cost out of pocket.
- Kyleena: $902.02
- Mirena: $902.02
- Nexplanon: $1,028.30
- Paraguard: $822.65
- Skyla: $803.48
- Ankle Support – Aircast: $28.46
- Arm Sling: $2.84, only applies to Large and extra large sizes
- Boot – Aircast: $62.05 and under, applies to all sizes
- Crutches: $11.36
- Knee Immobilizer 22″: $25.70
- Fiberglass Long Leg Splint: $57.09
- Colles Padded Metal Splint: $4.60, applies to all sizes
- Comfort Form Wrist/Thumb: $16.91
- CTS Wrist Support: $6.40
- Azithromycin (500mg pk) $13.21, Part of Antibiotic Drug Family.
- Benadryl (injectable) $15, Part of Antihistamine Drug Family.
- Depro Provera $59.54, Part of Contraception Drug Family.
- Ketorolac (injectable) $12, Part of Pain Relief Drug Family.
- Ella $50.34, Part of Emergency Contraception Drug Family.
- Rocephin (injectable) $25, Part of Antibiotic Drug Family.
- Digital X-rays: covered by Student Health Fee
- CD Copies: $10
- Retrieval from Storage: $25
Additional Care Services
- Musculoskeletal Clinic (chiropractic): $20 co-pay per visit.
- Physical Therapy: $15 co-pay. Services billable to insurance. Requires USC Student Health doctor referral.