Overseas Programs Student Insurance Registration Process
1. A faculty member or staff member of the department must send an overseas student roster of students participating in the program to firstname.lastname@example.org. The roster is required no less than 6 weeks prior to departure.
2. Overseas Insurance Coordinator (OIC) verifies insurance coverage:
- If a student is not on the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP), the student is charged on their bursar account for the duration of the program (minimum of a two week rate).
- If the student is on SHIP, student is charged per semester at the on-camp U.S. rate.
- The student health fee (SHF) is waived if the USC-sponsored overseas lasts a full semester.
3. OIC prepares student packets containing the following:
- Letter of certification (from insurance carrier Chubb)
- Summary of benefits
- Flyer describing the ISOS app and instructions on how to download
- An ISOS information card
- A “reminder” letter highlighting medical services are only covered for non-routine care
4. OIC will contact the department representative when packets are ready, at which point the department may:
- Pick up packets for distribution; OR
- Arrange an in-person orientation with a USC Student Health representative to provide information, answer questions, and distribute the packets.
5. The department’s final program roster is then added to the USC Student Health master roster of insurance coverage for students in university-sponsored study abroad programs.
Overseas Insurance Coordinator (OIC)
Emergency Program Contacts
Primary: Nytosha Coleman
Additional contact: Monique Menke