Insurance for Student Travel Abroad

If you are a student traveling abroad in a university-sponsored program, USC wants to ensure that you are covered by health insurance.

For USC Students with the university Student Health Insurance Plan (through Aetna)

If you are already enrolled in the USC Student Health Insurance Plan (provided by Aetna), you have your regular coverage benefits as part of your annual plan, plus the additional benefits:

For USC Students with another insurance provider

If you are not enrolled already in the USC Student Health Insurance Plan, and you are studying abroad in a USC-sponsored overseas program, you will be automatically charged for the USC Student Health Insurance Plan for Students Studying Overseas for the duration of your program.

While traveling in the program, students need to carry two cards in case of a medical emergency or urgent care needs:

  1. a USC identification card and
  2. the International SOS identification card


Please contact