— March 20, 2020 —
In alignment with the “Safer at Home” order for control of COVID-19 issued by the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health on March 19, the following operational changes are in effect for USC Student Health as of March 20, 2020.
Telehealth visits are strongly recommended as the primary route for patient visits; available appointments are viewable through the student health record portal, MySHR, https://usc.edu/myshr
Respiratory care protocols are in effect for patient care:
- Step 1) phone or TeleHealth appointments with a provider
- Step 2) if medically indicated, patients will be tested for COVID-19 in the tented area outside of the Engemann Building (UPC).
All in-person routine and “well” visits are temporarily suspended.
- Illness and injury visits “in person” process: Illness and injury visits must first have a call with the Advice Nurse by phone; or have a TeleHealth visit prior to being seen in the Engemann facility.
- Illness and injury visits, location: patients who need to be seen in person will have appointments at the Engemann location (UPC) only. Eric Cohen (HSC) patients will be redirected to the Engemann location beginning Monday, March 23, 2020. For patients near HSC, a ride service can be arranged to transport them to UPC. USC Student Health staff will help make arrangements.
- Building hours and TeleHealth hours may change; patients should check the studenthealth.usc.edu website for updated hours. TeleHealth appointments are viewable through the student health record portal, MySHR, https://usc.edu/myshr
Key Contact Resources
- Book appointments through MySHR, including respiratory visits and TeleHealth visits.
- Notify USC Student Health for injury care or non-respiratory illness visits, call first: 213-740-9355 (WELL)
- Check current building hours