New Student Health Requirements: Immunizations and Screenings
Deadline for Spring 2019 has passed.
If the health requirement deadline is not met, you will have a registration hold placed on your student account that will prevent you from registering for the next semester of classes. In addition, there will be a $25 charge added to your student account. Please ensure you complete this in a timely manner.
For All Students
Measles, Mumps and Varicella Immunity Requirements
- 2 doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps, & Rubella) vaccine on or after first birthday or positive Rubeola and Mumps titers (blood tests)
- 2 doses of Varicella (Chickenpox) on or after first birthday or a positive varicella titer (blood test)
- A titer is a laboratory test that measures the presence and amount of antibodies in blood. A titer may be used to prove immunity to disease.
- Students born prior to January 1, 1957 are considered to be immune and will automatically be listed as exempt from the measles and mumps immunity requirement.
- A patient must wait at least 4 weeks following the first dose of MMR or Varicella to receive the second dose.
Meningococcal Immunity Requirements
(Students 21 years and under only)
- 1 dose of a Meningitis ACWY vaccine on or after 16th birthday
For International Students (Tuberculosis Screening Requirement)
- Laboratory report of a negative Quantiferon blood test or T-Spot blood test completed in the United States or Canada within 6 months of first semester at USC.
- Only laboratory test results will be accepted, no handwritten result.
- Canadian students can satisfy this requirement with a negative PPD skin test result within 6 months of first semester at USC.
- A history of BCG immunization does NOT fulfill this requirement.
Recommended Vaccinations For All Students
USC Student Health Services strongly recommends that all incoming, new USC students receive the following vaccinations prior to their arrival on campus, or as soon as possible after arriving:
- Tetanus-diphtheria-pertussis booster (within the last 10 years)
- Polio booster (completed childhood series)
- Hepatitis A (two dose series)
- Hepatitis B (three dose series)
- HPV (3 dose series)
- Tuberculosis: T-Spot Blood Tests (required of all new International Students – please see specific requirements.)
See new student requirement information regarding the Meningitis Questionnaire.