Recent COVID-19 testing requirements have been released by Embassy of the People’s Republic of China for travel to that country. “Starting from 0:00 on November 6 Pacific Time, passengers whose final destination is China (excluding Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan) must provide nucleic acid negative test certificate and IgM anti-body negative test certificate to the Chinese embassy/ consulates in the United States.” The full policy is online from the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China.
For the PCR testing portion of this requirement, services are available through USC Student Health at the Engemann Plaza location.
Local Service for Testing Certificates
USC Pharmacies is now offering perform IgG/IgM point of care testing. The cost is $25; the testing time is approximately 15 minutes and the patient will be provided with the results.
Contact the following locations for information and to make an appointment:
- USC Medical Plaza Pharmacy (HSC Campus) Tel: 323-442-5992
- USC Health Center Pharmacy (UPC Campus) Tel: 213-821-6100
- USC Verdugo Hills Professional Pharmacy (Glendale) Tel: 818-952-2223
Students who need to find a local service to fulfill these testing may also be referred to Kroger Health COVID Care, located through Ralph’s Supermarkets in-house pharmacy services.
- Patients should call the number at 888-837-8852 and press 2 to schedule an appointment for this test
- The test is $25; insurance is NOT accepted.
- The test is resulted in 15-minutes and the patient is given a paper copy of their result
- Below is a list of Ralph’s Pharmacies performing this test. 3 locations are close to UPC:
- 670 S Western Ave
- 645 9th Street (9th and Flower) >>> this is the closest location to HSC
- 3410 W 3rd Street (3rd and Vermont)
Other Los Angeles Ralph’s Pharmacies:
- 260 S La Brea Ave (3rd and La Brea)
- 7257 Sunset Blvd (Sunset and Poinsettia)
- 5429 Hollywood Blvd (Hollywood and Western)
- 11727 W Olympic Blvd (Olympic and Barrington)
- 5601 Wilshire Blvd (Hauser and Wilshire)
- 10861 Weyburn Ave.