Coverage For Your Dependents
The information below only applies to dependents of USC students. USC students have access to the USC Student Health Insurance Plan.
USC wants to make sure you and your dependents have healthcare coverage while you are enrolled as a student. The university offers healthcare plans for USC students. USC no longer offers coverage for dependents directly.
Here are several resources to help you decide which health care plan is best for your family:
- Visit CoveredCA.com for information and to enroll your dependent in the plan.
- Visit GetInsured.com for information and to enroll your dependent in the plan.
- Shop with a licensed Insurance Broker in the community where you live, as they also have access to plans that will meet your dependent coverage needs.
- Shop online at a broker or website that offers comparison tools for choosing health plans.
- Online Degree Program students in a state other than California: Go to the Health Care Marketplace at Healthcare.gov and enter the state in which you live to get started.
International students: your dependents are eligible for health care through multiple Covered California carriers, as long as the dependents are in the United States on a valid F2 or J2 visa.