Immunization requirements for all students
If you had the measles, mumps or varicella as a child or if you are unable to obtain proof of vaccination, you must obtain a blood titer test.
Measles / Mumps
MMR (measles, mumps) submit proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine, or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to measles and mumps.
Students born prior to 1/1/1957 are considered immune to measles and mumps and are exempt from vaccinations.
Varicella “Chicken Pox”
Varicella (chicken pox) submit proof of two doses of the Varicella vaccine or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to chickenpox.
Students born prior to 1/1/1980 are considered immune and are exempt from vaccination.
Meningococcal Vaccine (ACWY)
Menactra OR Menveo The most recent dose must be on or after your 16th birthday. This requirement is for students 21 years old and under.
USC is requiring all students, faculty and staff to complete vaccination for COVID-19; this includes a complete primary series and a booster when eligible.
You must receive an FDA-approved or WHO EUL-listed COVID-19 vaccine or receive an approved medical or religious exemption. If you are living abroad in a country with a vaccine shortage and are not able to get vaccinated with a FDA- or WHO-approved vaccine, you will be expected to get vaccinated upon arrival to USC.
- Note on seasonal influenza (Flu): USC students are strongly recommended to complete influenza vaccination each year. For the 2021-2022 flu season, this was a required vaccine for all students, faculty and staff.
The checklist forms listed below, when completed by a medical provider with their official stamp, and accompanied by the required lab results—may be uploaded to MySHR as proof of compliance for required immunizations.
Useful Resource Lists (English):
Useful Resources Lists (Chinese):
Useful Resource Lists (Korean):
Useful Resource Lists (Arabic):
Useful Resource Lists (Spanish):
For international students: TB Screening
- Tuberculosis Screening (Blood Test): Tspot or Quantiferon Gold
- Note: Students from countries of origin that are not “high TB burden” as designated by the World Health Organization may be exempt from this requirement.
- Of the top ten countries represented by the USC student body, students from the following countries are exempt from TB screening: Canada, Sauda Arabia, Iran.
- Of the top ten countries represented by the USC student body, students from the following countries are required to have TB screening: China, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong.
Submit a Tspot or Quantiferon Gold lab test result that was taken within 6 months of your first semester (must be completed at a lab in the United States).
Strongly Recommended Immunizations
USC Student Health strongly recommends that all incoming, new USC students receive the following vaccinations prior to their arrival on campus, or as soon as possible after arriving:
- TDAP Vaccine (Tetanus/Diphtheria WITH Pertussis – Whooping Cough) – 1 dose within the last 10 years
- Hepatitis A Vaccine – 2 dose series
- Hepatitis B Vaccine – 2 dose or 3 dose series
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) Vaccine, (Gardasil 9) – 3 dose series (recommended for all students and genders up to the age of 26 years old).
- Meningococcal B Vaccine – Trumenba or Bexsero – 2 or 3 dose series (recommended for ages 16-23 years old)
- Polio Vaccine – 4 dose childhood series