Immunization requirements for all students
Measles / Mumps
MMR (measles, mumps) submit proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine, or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to measles or mumps.
Varicella “Chicken Pox”
Varicella (chicken pox) submit proof of two doses of the Varicella vaccine or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to chickenpox.
Note: If you had the measles, mumps or varicella as a child or if you are unable to obtain proof of vaccination, you must obtain a blood titer test. Students born prior to 1/1/1957 are considered immune to measles and mumps and are exempt from vaccinations. For varicella: students born prior to 1/1/1980 are considered immune and are exempt from vaccination.
Meningococcal Vaccine (ACWY)
Menactra OR Menveo The most recent dose must be on or after your 16th birthday. This requirement is for students 21 years old and under.
Seasonal Vaccine: Influenza (Flu)
Beginning in Fall 2020, all USC students in the campus vicinities are required to complete influenza vaccination by November 1 each year. Students entering in the spring semester must have a completion of the requirement in order to access any in-person campus facilities.
The checklist forms listed below, when completed by a medical provider with their official stamp, and accompanied by the required lab results—may be uploaded to MySHR as proof of compliance for required immunizations.
Useful Resource Lists (English):
Useful Resources Lists (Chinese):
Useful Resource Lists (Korean):
Useful Resource Lists (Arabic):
For international students: TB Screening
- Tuberculosis Screening (Blood Test): Tspot or Quantiferon Gold
- Note: Students from countries of origin that are not “high TB burden” as designated by the World Health Organization may be exempt from this requirement.
- Of the top ten countries represented by the USC student body, students from the following countries are exempt from TB screening: Canada, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
- Of the top ten countries represented by the USC student body, students from the following countries are required to have TB screening: China, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong.
Submit a Tspot or Quantiferon Gold lab test result that was taken within 6 months of your first semester (must be completed at a lab in the United States).
Strongly Recommended Immunizations
USC Student Health strongly recommends that all incoming, new USC students receive the following vaccinations prior to their arrival on campus, or as soon as possible after arriving:
- TDAP Vaccine (Tetanus/Diphtheria WITH Pertussis – Whooping Cough) – 1 dose within the last 10 years
- Hepatitis A Vaccine – 2 dose series
- Hepatitis B Vaccine – 2 dose or 3 dose series
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) Vaccine, (Gardasil 9) – 3 dose series (recommended for all students and genders up to the age of 26 years old).
- Meningococcal B Vaccine – Trumenba or Bexsero – 2 or 3 dose series (recommended for ages 16-23 years old)
- Polio Vaccine – 4 dose childhood series