Immunization requirements for all students
If you had the measles, mumps or varicella as a child or if you are unable to obtain proof of vaccination, you must obtain a blood titer test.
Measles / Mumps
MMR (measles, mumps) submit proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine, or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to measles or mumps.
Students born prior to 1/1/1957 are considered immune to measles and mumps and are exempt from vaccinations.
Varicella “Chicken Pox”
Varicella (chicken pox) submit proof of two doses of the Varicella vaccine or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to chickenpox.
Students born prior to 1/1/1980 are considered immune and are exempt from vaccination.
Meningococcal Vaccine (ACWY)
Menactra OR Menveo The most recent dose must be on or after your 16th birthday. This requirement is for students 21 years old and under.
USC is requiring all students, faculty and staff to submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 in order to access campus facilities for the fall semester. Your safety is our top priority.
If you have applied to live in university housing through USC Housing, you must receive the COVID-19 vaccine or submit a medical or religious exemption form. If you are not able to get vaccinated by the Housing deadline of July 15, you will be expected to get vaccinated upon arrival to USC. Your USC Housing assignments will be held for you. If you anticipate that you will not be fully vaccinated with a U.S. FDA or WHO EUL vaccine by July 15, please mail USC Housing, email@example.com, immediately.
All students who are not in university housing must submit proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or upload a declination form through mySHR before arrival on campus. Faculty and staff are required to be vaccinated or submit a declination by June 1.
The checklist forms listed below, when completed by a medical provider with their official stamp, and accompanied by the required lab results—may be uploaded to MySHR as proof of compliance for required immunizations.
Useful Resource Lists (English):
Useful Resources Lists (Chinese):
Useful Resource Lists (Korean):
Useful Resource Lists (Arabic):
Useful Resource Lists (Spanish):
For international students: TB Screening
- Tuberculosis Screening (Blood Test): Tspot or Quantiferon Gold
- Note: Students from countries of origin that are not “high TB burden” as designated by the World Health Organization may be exempt from this requirement.
- Of the top ten countries represented by the USC student body, students from the following countries are exempt from TB screening: Canada, Iran, and Saudi Arabia.
- Of the top ten countries represented by the USC student body, students from the following countries are required to have TB screening: China, India, South Korea, Taiwan, Indonesia, Hong Kong.
Submit a Tspot or Quantiferon Gold lab test result that was taken within 6 months of your first semester (must be completed at a lab in the United States).
Strongly Recommended Immunizations
USC Student Health strongly recommends that all incoming, new USC students receive the following vaccinations prior to their arrival on campus, or as soon as possible after arriving:
- Seasonal Influenza (Flu):USC students are strongly recommended to complete influenza vaccination by November 1 each year.
- TDAP Vaccine (Tetanus/Diphtheria WITH Pertussis – Whooping Cough) – 1 dose within the last 10 years
- Hepatitis A Vaccine – 2 dose series
- Hepatitis B Vaccine – 2 dose or 3 dose series
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) Vaccine, (Gardasil 9) – 3 dose series (recommended for all students and genders up to the age of 26 years old).
- Meningococcal B Vaccine – Trumenba or Bexsero – 2 or 3 dose series (recommended for ages 16-23 years old)
- Polio Vaccine – 4 dose childhood series