Immunization requirements for all students
- MMR (measles, mumps) submit proof of two doses of the MMR vaccine, or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to measles or mumps.
- Varicella (chickenpox) submit proof of two doses of the Varicella vaccine or obtain titers (blood test) to verify immunity to chickenpox.
Note: If you had the disease (measles or mumps) as a child or if you are unable to obtain proof of vaccination, you must obtain a blood titer test. Students born prior to 1/1/1957 are considered immune and are exempt.
- Immunization Checklist (English)
- Immunization FAQ
- Immunization Checklist (Chinese)
- Immunization FAQ (Chinese)
Meningococcal Vaccine (ACWY)
- Menactra OR Menveo The most recent dose must be on or after your 16th birthday. This requirement is for students 21 years old and under.
Additional for all international students: TB Screening
- Tuberculosis Screening (Blood Test): Tspot or Quantiferon Gold
Submit a Tspot or Quantiferon Gold lab test result that was taken within 6 months of your first semester (must be completed at lab in the United States).
Strongly Recommended Immunizations
USC Student Health strongly recommends that all incoming, new USC students receive the following vaccinations prior to their arrival on campus, or as soon as possible after arriving:
- TDAP Vaccine (Tetanus/Diphtheria WITH Pertussis – Whooping Cough) – 1 dose within the last 10 years
- Hepatitis A Vaccine – 2 dose series
- Hepatitis B Vaccine – 3 dose series
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) Vaccine, (Gardasil 9) – 3 dose series (recommended for all students and genders up to the age of 26 years old).
- Meningococcal B Vaccine – Trumenba or Bexsero – 2 or 3 dose series (recommended for ages 16-23 years old)
- Polio Vaccine – 4 dose childhood series
- Influenza (Flu) Vaccine