Information for Campus (校园信息):
Key Points from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: (疾病预防控制中心要点):
- There is an ongoing outbreak of pneumonia first identified in Wuhan, China, caused by a novel (new) coronavirus.
- Person-to-person spread is occurring, although it’s unclear how easily the virus spreads between people.
- Preliminary information suggests that older adults and people with underlying health conditions may be at increased risk for severe disease from this virus.
- Travelers to Wuhan, China, should avoid contact with sick people, animals (alive or dead), and animal markets.
- Travelers from Wuhan to the United States, and other countries, may be asked questions about their health and travel history upon arrival.
The situation with regard to COVID-19 is still unclear. While severe illness, including illness resulting in four deaths, has been reported in China, other patients have had milder illness and been discharged.
Keep informed on the CDC website (登录CDC网站，掌握最新动态):
On Campus: What You Can Do (在校园：您可以做些什么)
USC Student Health advises persons who recently traveled from Wuhan (in the past 14 days) or have had close contact with some suspected of having an infection with the novel coronavirus to watch for flu-like symptoms (fever, muscle or body aches, sore throat and cough, fatigue, headaches); and if experiencing symptoms, use a face mask, and call 213-740-9355 (WELL) to come in and see a medical provider. If you are asymptomatic (not experiencing symptoms) you do not have to be seen by a provider.
Students who are experiencing increased anxiety or stress related to concerns about family in China may see a counselor; call 213-740-9355 (WELL) to arrange an appointment. Students are also encouraged to join the special “Let’s Talk” section for International Students, that is offered in the Office of International Students (OIS) Royal Street Structure Suite 101, Tuesdays 1:30 – 2:30 p.m., facilitated by Alice Phang. No appointment is necessary, drop-ins are welcome at this section.
与对在中国的家人担忧相关的焦虑或压力增加的学生，可看心理咨询师；致电213-740-9355（WELL）安排预约。另外，我们还鼓励学生加入由Alice Phang促成、国际学生办公室（OIS）提供的国际学生“让我们交谈”特设部门，地址：Royal Street Structure Suite 101，时间：1:30 – 2:30 pm。无需预约，欢迎随时造访此部门。